My role as full time chaplain is closely linked to the Pastoral Care teams. These cover the Personal and Spiritual development of the entire school community –students, teachers, non-teaching staff and their families.
As Chaplain I…..:
- Meet with individuals, groups of students and classes.
- Am part of the student support structures and teams.
- Work closely with the B.O.M., Principal, staff, Pastoral Care Team, Learning Support Team and other agencies in the care of particular students.
- Help build up all in the school community.
- Promote among the students a greater awareness of the needs of their friends and others beyond the school.
- Further the school’s Christian Ethos.
- Work closely with parents and other agencies that help the healthy development of students.
- Provide support, care and is a constant point of reference.
It has been my privilege to hold this position for many years. I take every reasonable measure to ensure that the work I carry out is done in a professional and caring manner.
If I can assist you, your son/daughter or anyone connected to the school community, please do not hesitate to contact me through the School Office via ext.1 for my direct line.
Ms. Yvonne O'Connor