Currently we are in the process of obtaining our Green Flag for Litter and Waste. We have had a huge response with the committee growing each week.
As a group we have identified keys areas to combat litter and waste in our schools:
- Set up a wormery for food waste
- Keep our two bin system in place
- Raise Awareness in our school and community
- Reduce Paper by using Google Drive
So far we have:
- successfully reduced our paper consumption by almost 50%
- set up a wormery
- made students aware- surveying a large sample of whole school and 1st years have designed posters for a competition
- … and made new friends!
On February 8th we will be hosting a compost master class for our green schoolers and also many other fun competitions as the year goes by.