Uniform Change September 2019
Consultation on a change to the current uniform jumper has been ongoing for over a year. At a recent Board meeting a final decision was made on the appearance and style of the jumper. Pictured here is Luke Dillon in St. Fergus wearing the new approved School jumper with an updated crest and yellow neck stripe.
A gradual phase in period has been also agreed by the Board so as to allow for minimum financial impact on parents.
The new jumpers will be compulsory for:
- All new 1st years in September 2019
- All new 1st years in September 2020 and
- All students in September 2021
The Board have also instructed all future uniforms stocked in shops to be of a single high quality jumper type (70%/30% - acrylic/wool combination) so as to ensure they are long lasting.
Jumper: Grey V-neck jumper with yellow neck stripe & incorporated crest
Shirt: Light blue polyester/cotton
Tie: School tie must be worn and is available in school or from the uniform suppliers
Pants: Navy Trevira/Wool Blend
Polo Shirt: Navy polo shirt with crest incorporated is compulsory for all year groups for PE.
Jumper, Shirt, Tie and Polo Shirt as above.
Pants: Navy Pants – straight legged.
The above are available from:-
Tralee: Dan Fitzgeralds, 4/6 The Mall, Tralee (066 7122782)
Listowel: School Uniforms, 46 Church Street. (086-9670096)
Abbeyfeale: The Little Rascals, Church Street. (068-31985)
Newcastlewest: Moran’s Bridge Street (069-61078)
Note: Please place your order with stockists as early as possible to ensure full school uniform for August
TARBERT COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL
SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY
All students are required to wear full school uniform when attending school.
- Jumper must not be torn.
- Sweat shirts, hoodies and cardigans are not an acceptable alternative to school jumper and should not be worn to school.
- Polo necks are not acceptable.
- The school tie must be knotted correctly and worn with v-neck jumper.
- Denim shirts are not acceptable.
- Shirts must be worn tucked inside skirt or pants.
- Round neck t-shirts in white or light blue may be worn inside the shirt in cold weather.
- Pants must not be torn or cut at the ankle seams.
- Flares, tracksuit bottoms or denim jeans are not acceptable.
5. Polo Shirt or PE jersey (2021)
- Navy Polo Shirt with crest incorporated (introduced in September 2011) or new PE Jersey with school crest (introduced in 2021) must be worn by all students for PE.
- Hooded sweatshirts are not an acceptable alternative to a jacket and must not be worn to school.
- Jackets must be removed during class time.
- Jackets that have been written on must not be worn to school.
7. Full uniform must be worn by students on all occasions when representing the school including extra-curricular activities.
8. In the event of a student being unable, for a genuine reason, to conform to the above – a note from a parent is required and should be presented to the Class Teacher/ Year Head for signing. Such a note is only acceptable for 1 day.
9. Students who are too ill to wear the full school uniform are considered too ill to attend school and should remain at home.
10. N.B. Please ensure your son/daughters’ jumper, PE t-shirt and jackets are clearly marked with his/her name.